Freestanding lace can be one of the most dazzling things about machine embroidery. Stitch out a specially digitized lace design onto water-soluble stabilizer, then rinse the stabilizer away, leaving only the stitches in a beautiful, airy pattern.
What kind of stabilizer do you use for free standing lace?
Vilene Water Soluble Embroidery Stabilizer & Backing – Wash Away – for Free Standing Lace 20″x10yd Roll.
What weight is free standing lace?
Use 40 weight rayon or polyester thread. You can also use 30 weight cotton or metallic thread for most freestanding lace designs. After embroidering, cut the excess stabilizer away.
What does FSL mean in embroidery?
Regular embroidery designs are made so that the fabric keeps the design together. No fabric and the threads will just unravel. FSL designs are stitched in a way that the thread keeps the design together. The free standing lace bookmark design.
How do you put lace on fabric by hand?
How to Sew Lace Trim Inserts
- Step 1: Place the Lace. Lay the fabric right side up and place the lace on top and pin it in place. …
- Step 2: Cut Away. Flip your fabric to the wrong side and cut away the fabric underneath around 1/8 inch (3mm) inside the stitching. …
- Step 3: Fold Back. …
- Step 4: Zig-Zag.
How do you stiffen free-standing laces?
Stabilizer Solutions – Say NO to Droopy Freestanding Lace Embroidery
- One layer of Inspira Dissolve Away topping + one layer of Inspira AquaMagic.
- Two layers of Inspira Dissolve Away topping + one layer of Inspira AquaMagic.
- One layer of Inspira Dissolve Away Max + one layer of Inspira AquaMagic.
What is vilene stabilizer?
Vilene and is a water-soluble stabilizer. … This stabilizer is different because it looks and acts like a tear-away stabilizer. It is not clear like Badgemaster, but thin enough to see through just a little bit.